Visiting operators

Radio amateurs visiting Finland and temporary operation

Foreign radio amateurs with a CEPT (Recommendation T/R 61-01) license can, for a stay of up to three months, without a special permit operate amateur radio in Finland. Holders of a foreign HAREC license (Recommendation T/R 61-02) may apply for a proper, non-temporary Finnish callsign, should they wish.

  • The temporary call sign to be used is OH/yourcall or in Åland Islands OH0/yourcall.
  • Holders of a foreign CEPT license may operate on the same terms as Finnish license holders.

Questions about amateur radio in Finland can be sent to

For more information about frequencies see the band plans linked below:

Jaa sosiaalisessa mediassa / Share in social media